How To Support Yourself When You’re Feeling “Off”
I’ve been speaking to a lot of people who have been feeling unsettled, ungrounded and experiencing a lot of fear about the future.
It could be this time of year (feelings of “I haven’t done enough’ surface mid-year) or Mercury in Retrograde or something else.
Here are some tips to help you:
Take Time To Be Still
- It’s difficult to access any type of clarity when you’re racing around from one thing to the next.
- Create a stillness practice. At least 5 – 10 mins a day. Sit in front of a candle, meditate, go for a walk without your phone, go and have a coffee by yourself.
- When you take time to slow down and be still you access your higher mind. You’ll sift through the fear-based thoughts and the old patterns and connect with what’s actually TRUE.
- Stillness is the pathway to clarity
Take time to check in with yourself:
- What’s coming up for me right now? Why am I feeling this way?
- Why do I need to support myself?
- What could others do to support me?
- What do I most need to hear from myself right now?
Less Screen Time
- When you’re in a space of not feeling good enough or being judgemental towards yourself, you’ll know that social media just exacerbates this.
- Put your phone down and take a break from social media. Instead connect (see next point).
Connect With Others
- It’s amazing that we are more connected (virtually) than ever before, but so many of us actually feel disconnected, afraid and lonely.
- When you’re feeling anxious and fearful the tendency is to want to disconnect but it only makes things worse.
- Make it a priority to create real connections with others.
- Open your heart to other people.
- Ring a friend, put your phone down when you’re out and say hi to a stranger. Turn the TV off at night and take time to have a genuine connection with your loved ones. Connection is what gives purpose and meaning to our lives.
This Essential Oil Blend
These two oils are life for me. Lavender Peace – for whole body relaxation. Vetiver for calming an overactive mind and promoting a deep, restful sleep. If you’d like to know more about these oils, contact me here.
- Give yourself a healthy dose of self compassion.
- It’s so easy to fall into the trap of beating yourself up for not being where you want to be yet but take stock of where you were once and how far you’ve come. What’s good about right now?
- Let go of comparisons. Let go of needing to keep up. Your pace is enough. Your journey is perfect.